I did this back in October and it was so very popular with all of you that I’ve decided to do it again this month – with a twist (of course!)
In just a sec, I’ll tell you the seven nine TEN books that are up for grabs in the giveaway. But first, here’s how you get your name in the pot:
1. Leave an intelligent comment. Which means it has to say more than “great post”. And, in the end, I am the judge of what qualifies as intelligent. Do this and you get ONE ticket in the drawing.
2. Make a donation. For every $5 you donate to my Escaping Mediocrity Orphanage Project, you get ONE ticket in the drawing. Plus there are some bonuses that go along with that.
Donate $10 – 2 tickets and your name and a hotlink to your site listed in my thank you post.
Donate $25 and you get FIVE tickets in the drawing, the above bonus and a $50 coupon code you can use anytime during 2011 on anything I put up for sale. Of course you can always donate more and get more tickets!
If you’ve already donated (and thank you so much for that!) your tickets are already in the pot.
Ok – ready to know what I’m giving away?!
2) My personal copy of Smarter, Faster, Cheaper: Non-boring, Fluff-Free Strategies for Marketing and Promoting Your Business by David Siteman Garland. Read my review here.
3) My personal copy of Social Nation: How to Harness the Power of Social Media to Attract Customers, Motivate Employees, and Grow Your Business by Barry Libert. I plan to do a full review of this book soon but it is a killer resource for companies who want to build a deeply connected social community like Apple, Etsy, AmexOPEN and Zappos have built.
4) It’s Not About the Coffee: Lessons in Putting People First from a Life at Starbucks by Howard Behar with Janet Goldstein. If you want to learn how to build an amazing team and an unparalleled culture, this book is a must read.
5) Fierce Leadership: A Bold Alternative to the “Best” Practices of Business Today by Susan Scott. It’s no secret that I think most “best practices” are pretty lame and mediocre. This books give you an alternative approach for leading your company (even it is just a company of one!) to greatness.
6) My personal copy of Do More Great Work by Michael Bungay Stanier. I love the tagline on this book – “Stop doing busy work and start doing work that matters”. That’s really all I need to say about that.
7) My personal copy of Leo Babauta’s The Power of Less: The fine art of limiting yourself to the essential….in business and in life. To escape mediocrity, we’ve got to know what is essential and eliminate everything else. Makes for light travel. This book will show you how.
JUST IN >> Rebel Brown is generously offering a personally signed copy of her book, Defy Gravity, as part of the Great December Book Giveaway! As a growth expert, Rebel helps managers and leaders shed the weight and drag that are holding their companies back and propel their business to high-velocity growth.
NEW BULLETIN: My friend @BarryMoltz is adding a copy of his fab book on delivering stellar customer service – B-A-M! Bust a Myth: Delivering Customer Service to the giveaway. Wow! Whomever wins this is gonna rack up!
YEAH – ANOTHER ADDITION! >>> Connie Dieken is offering up a copy of her new book AND 3-CD Audiobook Set – wow! Talk Less, Say More: How to be more influential and ignite positive responses.
So there you have it. December’s Great Book Giveaway. And by the way – these books make great gifts for that hard-to-buy-for entrepreneur on your list.
Now get busy! Leave a comment below and, if you are so moved, make a donation to my Escaping Mediocrity Orphanage Project. The deadline is NOON EST on Friday, December 17.
(And P.S. To keep my holiday sanity in tact, this is a “winner take all” kind of thing.)