One of the fun things that happens to me every now and then is that I get to read advanced copies of books that are going to be hot Hot HOT! And lucky me just received not one but TWO copies of Delivering Happiness by Zappos CEO Tony Hsieh.
I’ll just give you a peek at the table of contents so you can see that this book is ALL about Escaping Mediocrity.
Section I: Profits
1. In Search of Profits
2. You Win Some, You Lose Some
Section II: Profits and Passion
4. Concentrate Your Position
5. Platform for Growth: Brand, Culture, Pipeline
Section III: Profits, Passion and Purpose
6. Taking It to the Next Level
7. End Game
Once I finish reading it, I plan to do a full video review. But like I said, I got TWO copies – one for me and one to share and I don’t want to wait to share.
I would like to give my extra copy, along with a few more of my favorite books, to someone in The Tribe.
Sooo….with the help of Maddy Dychtwald (@GoInfluence), I’ve thought of a way to combine 1) shoes 2) getting rid of stuff and 3) doing good in the world. Here’s how it’s going to work:
1) Go through your currents shoes and the shoes of anyone who lives in your house. Find the ones that in great shape but that aren’t being worn. Put them all in a row.
2) Choose a charity who needs your shoes.
2) Snap a picture of your shoes.
3. Upload the picture to Flickr or another online photo hosting site.
4. Leave a comment below and share 1) How many pairs of shoes you gathered 2) What charity you are donating them to and 3) a link to the photo.
5) BONUS POINTS (meaning your name goes in the hat twice): for an additional photo of you making the shoe delivery.
***Amended Rule: If you have given away shoes to a charity in the past 6 weeks and can tell me about it in the comments, your name goes in the hat to win the book too. ***
Everyone who enters will get their name put in the hat and The Young Turk will draw the winner!
Deadline: Sunday, May 2, Midnight EST.
I know, I’m asking a lot. But I have an exceptional tribe who will rise to the challenge. And remember, you will get an advanced copy of Delivering Happiness, plus copies of some of my very favorite books (I already know of three – and will be adding more).
Can’t wait to see how YOU deliver happiness!!
P.S. If you have a blog and want to apply for your own advanced copies, here is the link for that: